SOCKS Box Program
SOCKS Box Drives are a fun way to get involved with the SOCKS Movement. Think of a SOCKS Box Drive as a campaign to raise as many (new) socks as you can. A Drive can be hosted at your workplace, worship place, school or business. SOCKS Box Drives typically have a duration of 2 to 4 weeks to give supporters ample time to coordinate their donations.
SOCKS has been fortunate to partner with schools, banks, government agencies, nonprofits, and small and large businesses in 5 states and the District of Columbia to host SOCKS Box Drives. Socks raised through SOCKS Box Drives are used to fuel our Street Outreach Ministry in the Washington, DC area.
We’d love to have you host SOCKS Box Drive. We need SOCKS Boxes in all 50 states…all over the world! Will you join us?? Let’s remind the world what love looks like together.
Here’s how to launch your own SOCKS Box Drive*
If you are in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, contact us at email@example.com to Adopt one of our custom SOCKS Boxes (pictured above) or see below for instructions on how to officially launch your own SOCKS Box Drive!
If you are outside of the Washington, DC area or just want to create your own official SOCKS Box, see below.
Thank you in advance for joining the SOCKS Movement! #SOCKSboxdrive
- Download our SOCKS Box flyer here.
- Purchase a large-sized cardboard box. (Here’s an example)
- Cover your box with wrapping or bulletin board paper. (Here’s an example)
- Attach the SOCKS Box flyer to your decorated SOCKS BOX.
- Take a picture with your SOCKS Box and announce you have joined the SOCKS Movement by posting to Instagram, Twitter and/or Facebook using the hashtag #SOCKSboxdrive
- Encourage people in your network to donate new socks!
- Once the drive is complete, take a picture with your haul, tag @socksmovement and use the hashtag #SOCKSboxdrive
- Donated socks can be…
- shared with a local shelter
- distributed by hand by a team of volunteers you assemble
- shipped to SOCKS for distribution
*If you are under 18 years old, make sure you have your parent or guardian’s permission.